Blue Peg, Pink Peg is committed to providing reviews of board games and related media that will be of interest to our listeners and consistent with our brand. If you are interested in having a game reviewed by Blue Peg, Pink Peg, please send a copy to:
Blue Peg, Pink Peg
2419 Avenel Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24015
When sending games to us to review, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The games we select for review are games that we are personally excited about and about which we think our audience will enjoy learning more. Sending unsolicited copies of games is no guarantee that a game will be reviewed or discussed in the show, on the website, or in another format.
- As a rule we are not in the business of bashing games and prefer to discuss games that excite us rather than titles that we find disappointing. However, we also have a commitment to our audience to be candid and honest with games we discuss. It is that trust that, we hope, makes our reviews valuable to both our audience and our publisher partners – we would rather our listeners avoid a game with which we expect they would have a bad experience. If we do choose to play and not review an unsolicited game, we will do our best to provide constructive feedback. That said, submission of an unsolicited game is no guarantee of feedback or of a positive review on any of our platforms, including private discussion with the submitter.
- Blue Peg, Pink Peg does not playtest games, though we may choose to preview substantially completed prototypes with a guaranteed publishing commitment. Before submitting prototype games, please contact us to coordinate.
- We are committed to working with publishers to provide reviews in a way that best serves their sales or release timelines. In order to meet these commitments, we will need to receive titles sufficiently in advance to have enough time to play and explore the title. As a general rule, provide review copies at least a month before any release or other sales deadlines, and please contact us to clearly communicate any needs you have in this regard.
- Blue Peg, Pink Peg does not accept paid reviews.
Guidelines aside, Blue Peg, Pink Peg is committed to growing the hobby, exposing our listener to new and innovative titles, and providing a platform for smaller and up-and-coming publishers and designers to promote their creations. If you have a title or product that you think will be of great interest to our listeners but doesn’t fit within our guidelines, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. It will certainly help if you indicate that you are a listener of the show and understand our audience, style, and content.
Solicited Review Titles
In addition to purchasing our games and receiving unsolicited titles for review, Blue Peg, Pink Peg will sometimes reach out to publishers to request review titles to discuss on the show. Titles received free of charge in this way are so indicated in the show notes of each episode. Blue Peg, Pink Peg strives to only request titles we are confident will be of interest to our listeners. In the rare case that we request a review title that, after playing, we determine does not meet our listeners’ needs, we will work one-on-one with the publisher to communicate our thoughts.
We take our responsibility to our listeners and our partners very seriously. We will do all that we can to be respectful and professional in all of our dealings. We will cooperate whenever possible and are eager to help our hobby and all of us that enjoy it to succeed. If you have ideas for the promotion of a title, please let us know. We love to collaborate with our partners, provided doing so does not impair our responsibility to our listeners.
We thank you for all of your efforts and support of our show and the hobby of board gaming.